- New York's Yiddish Theater New York's Yiddish Theater
- Poland's Yiddish TheaterPoland's Yiddish Theater
- The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum
- Visionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-GardeVisionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-Garde
- Literary Theater Troupes/Miniature TheaterLiterary Theater Troupes/Miniature Theater
- Yiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde StageYiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde Stage
- Translations and AdaptationsTranslations and Adaptations
- THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)
The Yiddish Theatrical Museum (1926)
Yiddish Theater Museum
One of the only surviving documents from the Yiddish Theatrical Museum of New York City and the only one revealing the address of its headquarters. A letter from Jacob Shtazky calling for materials for a publication to be put out by the Yiddish Theatrical Museum in New York. Shatzky explains in his letter that a monthly magazine called "Mask" will include historical documents relating to the Yiddish theater. The board of the museum listed on the right include Mark Schweid (see gallery on American Yiddish Theater after 1926) and others, mostly historians and former actors of the Yiddish stage. There is no evidence that an edition of the magazine was ever published.
YIVO owns the compilation of content that is posted on this website, which consists of text, images, and/or audio, and video. However, YIVO does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. Some content is in the public domain and some content is protected by third party rights. It is the user's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in YIVO websites.
The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. Please visit https://www.yivo.org/Rights-Reproductions for more information about use of materials from this website.
YIVO has employed due diligence in seeking to identify copyright holders of the materials in this compilation. We invite any copyright owners who are not properly identified to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Yiddish Theatrical Museum (1926),” YIVO Online Exhibitions, accessed March 22, 2023, https://ataleoftwomuseums.yivo.org/items/show/6627.