- New York's Yiddish Theater New York's Yiddish Theater
- Poland's Yiddish TheaterPoland's Yiddish Theater
- The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum
- Visionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-GardeVisionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-Garde
- Literary Theater Troupes/Miniature TheaterLiterary Theater Troupes/Miniature Theater
- Yiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde StageYiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde Stage
- Translations and AdaptationsTranslations and Adaptations
- THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)
THE VILNA TROUPE, newspaper coverage and program
The Vilna Troupe was a network of theater troupes (of 250 actors) that grew from a single troupe (of 15 actors) that formed in German-occupied Vilna during World War One. It was one of a number of troupes during this period that sought to produce literary Yiddish theater instead of the melodramatic and commercial fare that drove the industry. The Vilna Troupe claimed the attention of some of the most important theater figures of its day including George Bernard Shaw, David Belasco, and Sarah Bernhardt. They were the first to perform S.Y. Ansky's The Dybbuk, and toured as many as sixty cities a year throughout the world.
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
YIVO owns the compilation of content that is posted on this website, which consists of text, images, and/or audio, and video. However, YIVO does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. Some content is in the public domain and some content is protected by third party rights. It is the user's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in YIVO websites.
The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. Please visit https://www.yivo.org/Rights-Reproductions for more information about use of materials from this website.
YIVO has employed due diligence in seeking to identify copyright holders of the materials in this compilation. We invite any copyright owners who are not properly identified to contact us at email@example.com.
“THE VILNA TROUPE,newspaper coverage and program,” YIVO Online Exhibitions, accessed October 3, 2022, https://ataleoftwomuseums.yivo.org/items/show/2184.