- New York's Yiddish Theater New York's Yiddish Theater
- Poland's Yiddish TheaterPoland's Yiddish Theater
- The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum
- Visionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-GardeVisionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-Garde
- Literary Theater Troupes/Miniature TheaterLiterary Theater Troupes/Miniature Theater
- Yiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde StageYiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde Stage
- Translations and AdaptationsTranslations and Adaptations
- THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)
The founding of "Our Theater" (Undzer Teater), 1923
The theater society Our Theater was founded in 1923 in New York City by such luminaries of the Yiddish theater as Peretz Hirshbein, H. Leivik, and Mendel Elkin. Their mandate was to create and sustain art theater, dramatic studios, and a peiodical, the latter of which was "Tealit," a journal that lasted from 1923 to 1924 and put out only five issues. Our Theater managed to sponsor three important liteary works of theater (1925-1926) included an ensemble production of Day and Night (discussed elsewhere in this gallery). The society and the theater both folded in 1926.
YIVO owns the compilation of content that is posted on this website, which consists of text, images, and/or audio, and video. However, YIVO does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. Some content is in the public domain and some content is protected by third party rights. It is the user's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in YIVO websites.
The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. Please visit https://www.yivo.org/Rights-Reproductions for more information about use of materials from this website.
YIVO has employed due diligence in seeking to identify copyright holders of the materials in this compilation. We invite any copyright owners who are not properly identified to contact us at email@example.com.
“The founding of "Our Theater" (Undzer Teater), 1923,” YIVO Online Exhibitions, accessed June 22, 2021, https://ataleoftwomuseums.yivo.org/items/show/2974.