- New York's Yiddish Theater New York's Yiddish Theater
- Poland's Yiddish TheaterPoland's Yiddish Theater
- The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum The Dybbuk and the Theater Museum
- Visionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-GardeVisionaries of Poland's Yiddish Avant-Garde
- Literary Theater Troupes/Miniature TheaterLiterary Theater Troupes/Miniature Theater
- Yiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde StageYiddish Plays on Poland's Avant-Garde Stage
- Translations and AdaptationsTranslations and Adaptations
- THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)THE ERK Yiddish Theater Museum ( Warsaw 1926)
Race (Rasa), Jan Fabricius
Rasa by Jan Fabricius belongs to a genre called “Indie dramas,” that was comprised of Dutch-language realist dramas set in colonial Indonesia and the Netherlands between 1900 and 1925. Indie dramas typically dealt with issues that confronted Europeans who were living in the Dutch Indies and, therefore, largely appealed to Dutch audiences. Indie dramas explored leftist causes including class strife, prejudice towards men of mixed race, the nyai or unofficial wife of the European man, social isolation, and generational conflict. Some were translated into English and German, and this program is evidence that Race was translated into Yiddish.
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
Yiddish and Polish
YIVO owns the compilation of content that is posted on this website, which consists of text, images, and/or audio, and video. However, YIVO does not necessarily own each component of the compilation. Some content is in the public domain and some content is protected by third party rights. It is the user's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in YIVO websites.
The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. Please visit https://www.yivo.org/Rights-Reproductions for more information about use of materials from this website.
YIVO has employed due diligence in seeking to identify copyright holders of the materials in this compilation. We invite any copyright owners who are not properly identified to contact us at email@example.com.
“Race (Rasa), Jan Fabricius,” YIVO Online Exhibitions, accessed September 21, 2021, https://ataleoftwomuseums.yivo.org/items/show/2160.